- 2016 -18 Heatherley School of Fine Art, Diploma in Portraiture.
- 2007 The Drawing Year, MA level Diploma, The Royal Drawing School
- 2004 BA (hons) Fine Art. University of Hertfordshire.
- 2018 Gyllian Foster Prize for Drawing. Heatherley School of Fine Art
- 2017 Mr Heatherley Figure Composition Prize.
- 2017 The Heatherley’s Portrait Prize.
- 2010 Drawings Fair Third Prize, Watercolours and Works on Paper, Abbott & Holder Ltd.
- 2008 First Prize ‘Hung, Quartered and Drawn’ Competition. Tower of London. H.R.P.
- 2004 University Prize
- 1999 University Prize
- 2020 Art in Practise, School of Creative Arts Alumni Showcase, University of Hertfordshire.
- 2020 Lockdown Gallery, Heatherley School of Fine Art. London
- 2019 The Royal Institute of Oil Painters Exhibition, Mall Galleries London
- 2019 Hesketh Hubbard Art Society, Mall Galleries, London.
- 2018 Heatherley School of Fine Art Annual Exhibition, London.
- 2017 Heatherley School of Fine Art Annual Exhibition, London.
- 2016 2 1/2 Dias, Circo de Ideias Gallery, Porto, Portugal.
- 2015 Hexagon Group Artists, Espacio Gallery, London. 7-13 Dec.
- 2015 Print Exhibition, Heatherley School of Fine Art, London.
- 2014 Anise Gallery Charity Auction, Shad Thames, London.
- 2014 10×10 Drawing in the City, The Shard, London: Article 25
- 2014 ‘ Catching the Eye’, The Crypt Gallery, Euston road, London.
- 2014 ‘Walking the Line’, Upstairs Gallery, Berkhamsted.
- 2013 ‘On a Small Scale’, Frame Factory, Cross Street, London.
- 2013 ‘Weekend Window’, Abbott and Holder Gallery, London.
- 2013 10×10 Drawing in the City, Crossing, Granary Square, London: Article 25
- 2012 10×10 Drawing in the City, Somerset House, West Wing: Article 25.
- 2012 Big Drawings: 6 Foot and Over, Royal Drawing School Gallery, London.
- 2011 Buckingham Palace, London. Royal Drawing School 10th Anniversary
- 2011 Watercolours and Works on Paper Art Fair, Science Museum, London
- 2010 AAF Battersea, London.
- 2009 Sketches for the Unemployed, Acquire Art Gallery, London.
- 2009 Wiveton Hall Exhibition, Norfolk.
- 2008 Windsor Castle, Royal Drawing School. Patron’s Dinner
- 2008 Graduate Show, Royal Drawing School, London.
- 2008 Group Show, Drawing School Studio,Tea Building. London
- 2008 The 10th International Art Exhibition: Climate Change: Srinakharinwirot Art Gallery, Bangkok.
- 2005 W+E Contemporary Art Exhibition, Chiang Mai University Art Museum, Thailand.
ART INSTALLATIONS, MURALS, PAINTING DEMONSTRATIONS and COMMISSIONS:
- 2018 Painting Demonstration, Article 25. 22 Bishopsgate, London
- 2015 Emmaus Centre. Nicholas Breakspear School, St. Albans.
- 2012 Charles de Beistegui”s Masked Ball Drawing, on permanent loan at the Rolls Building, Royal Courts of Justice.
- 2012 Deutsche Bank. Drawing for Hermann Josef Lamberti
- 2011 Charles de Beistegui”s Masked Ball Drawing, Joint Commission for Royal Drawing School 10th Anniversary, with Van Cleef & Arpels.
- 2010 Tower Drawing installed on West Side of White Tower (Tower of London)
- 2010 A & K Wilson Gallery,The Ornamental Diary, Luton Hoo Estate.
- 2009 Regent Street Festival: Drawing the 10th Anniversary Birthday Card on Site
- 2008 Tower Drawing installed on East Side of White Tower (Tower of London)
- 2002 Mural at Emmen, Netherlands. (Artist Assistant to Henrietta Van’t Hoog)
- 2020 Dumfries House: 10-24 April 2020. postponed due to Covid-19
- 2008 British Council and Srinkharinwirot Art Gallery, Bangkok.
- 2002 Artist Assistant to Henrietta Van’t Hoog: Mural at Emmen, Netherlands.
TEACHING, CHILDREN’S WORKSHOPS and THE BIG DRAW:
- 2021 16 Jan., Turtle Key Arts, via Zoom
- 2020 Neighbourhood Lockdown2 Draw, via Zoom.
- 2019 Urban Sketchers, Short course, Central St Martins, College of Art & Design
- 2019 English plus Fine Art. Short Course.Central, St Martins College of Art & Design
- 2018 English plus Fine Art. Short Course.Central, St Martins College of Art & Design
- 2018 8-10 Aug. Figurative Movement Workshop. MEB Design, London
- 2016 Drawing Figurative Movement Workshop. Porto University of Architecture, Porto, Portugal
- 2015 Workshop Leader, Turtle Key Arts, High Wycombe and London.
- 2013 The Big Draw, NADFAS, Kensington Hall, London.
- 2013 Co-workshop Tutor, Trainee-tutor training, Royal Drawing School.
- 2012 Working Group Tutor for the Drawing Clubs, Royal Drawing School.
- 2011 Workshop Leader, Campaign for Drawing, City of London Festival.
- 2011 Workshop Leader : Drawing Session,Turtle Key Arts at Paddington Arts , London.
- 2009-11 Tutor: Young Artists Programme: Royal Drawing School: Westminster Drawing Club, Life Drawing Room at the Royal Academy.
- 2010 Tutor : Drawing Workshops for Children, The Whitechapel Gallery, London E 1
- 2008 Assistant Tutor: Young Artists Programme: Westminster Club, Kingsgate Studios, Wallace Collection & Life Drawing Room, Royal Academy.
- 2008 Assistant Tutor: Young Artists Programme: South Kensington Club, Natural History Museum.
- 2008 Workshop Tutor: Climate Change: Schools in Bangkok and the Students at Srinkharinwirot University, Bangkok. (Sponsored by British Council)
- 2005 Workshop Tutor: Schools in Chiang Mai in collaboration with the W+E Exhibition, Thailand. (Sponsored by British Council)
Sketch your World
by James Hobbs
The Big Story
By Mark Powley
1996 ‘Jammie Donuts’, A Children’s Poetry Book by Fleetville Junior School, St Albans